• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

motortrendz

Mainland Aquatics
Vendor
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
I picke d up an mtc 250 skimmer from a friend it has a little giant pump attached...its output is on the bottom so I'm just trying to figure out how to plumb it, but also would like some insight as to the quality of skimmer..anyone have one? Do u like it?

OzoneParkGuy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
I have one, MTC HSA 250, only 2 issues I had was the Venturi, make sure when you take it apart to clean it, you put it back the same way. Also the issue with the water adjustment is at the bottom... you will get wet fine tuning it. Leave it half way open at 1st to see where the water rises up to, then slowly adjust it. Water should rise to the midway point of the collection cup. Thats where mine is set. Works extremely well. Should be cleaned weekly for optimum perfprmance.

motortrendz

Mainland Aquatics
Vendor
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
Lol not worried abt getting wet to make the adjustments. Besides half the time I feel like I've been swimming at the beach when I'm done "fixing" stuff, what pump r u running? Is it submersed in the sump or r u using an external like the guy I got this from? Not sure how I should set it up?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: