• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

emps

Tired Member
Rating - 97.8%
45   1   0
I had the nova extreme pro 20" T5. Daytime lights looks more natural to me, and the T5 actinics didn't fluoresce like the royal blue leds. I remember seeing a pic of just the maxspect blues on somewhere and thought the image was photoshopped, but the tank at sundown mode looks like an 80's basement with neon posters. ;)

Also didn't have the shimmer using the T5 that I missed when I had my 55g with 150w MH. So far i'm liking it. I bought a millie the day after I got the fixture on so I can keep a photojournal of it's growth under the light like that guy v00d00 on the RC thread.

I wanted to go LED from the getgo, but all of them were so expensive. This was my poor mans way of getting into the LED world (dimming and K temp control would be nice, but does a few hundred dollars in my pocket :)) Alan had originally mentioned them to me at his house while picking up some frags so I read up like everyone else has on RC. If you go by Alans, make sure to look at it with just the blues on.

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
ive got the 20 nep on my sh tank so i kow what ya mean on color, shimmer has never been a factor for me as i have almost always used t5's. and currently use on both tanks now, not looking to switch for color as i have that on my reef that i am happy with but looking to cut down on 311 watts of t5's on reef

emps

Tired Member
Rating - 97.8%
45   1   0
ive got the 20 nep on my sh tank so i kow what ya mean on color, shimmer has never been a factor for me as i have almost always used t5's. and currently use on both tanks now, not looking to switch for color as i have that on my reef that i am happy with but looking to cut down on 311 watts of t5's on reef

Lol i have so many things on in my house I can't even keep a track of all the power we're eating up. But now that the 55g with MH is broken down, i'm sure i'm saving quite a bit with the difference. Also looking forward to a tank that's not overheating in the summer.

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
As Tony already mentioned, we did a mini gb recently. Just got my maxspect 110w couple of days ago, and I am very impressed with it. Their customer support is top knotch. Just to clarify, I am not affiliated with maxspect nor have the intention to distribute them. This is all end users feedback on their product. I was going to use it to replace my 150w de sunpod on my shallow 12in High, 24in long, 12in wide sps frag tank, but figured I ll try it out on a 40 breeder (36x18x16high) lps/softies frag tank instead. I know they recommend it to be used for 2 feet area, but I raised mine 9 inches above water and seem to cover a 3 feet tank nicely. I know I should be losing par by raising the fixture, but I can get more coverage, and since its mainly for LPS, it should work fine. If anyone would like to check it out, I will be at the swap using this fixture. Here are some pictures I took with a point and shoot camera. Hard to capture the actinics in pictures, but its really nice in person. Enjoy.
http://s886.photobucket.com/albums/ac67/reefscreation/?action=view&current=logo_cleaned.jpg

I probably will stay at your table more than mine fondling it. :p

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Alan I have to come by and check it out :) I need to pick up a new frag of something anyway. I am afraid to check it out at the swap with wingo fondling it :bigeyes:

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
298   0   0
Alan I have to come by and check it out :) I need to pick up a new frag of something anyway. I am afraid to check it out at the swap with wingo fondling it :bigeyes:

Rich, dont have much sps to offer at the moment. But u are welcome to stop by to have a look at the lights. Yeah now no one will show up at my table with wingo doing that to my light. :teeth:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: