pjewett

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Anyone ever hooked one of these up? I think I can figure out how to get it connected to my APEX's IO breakout box but the WB200 itself came with no wires to connect it to the BO box.

What kind of wires should I use?

Also, I purchased the power adapter but there's no where to plug it into the WB200 that I can see. Do I need to cut the wires on the power adapter and hook it up manually somehow?

Would really appreciate some help from anyone who's hooked one up.

Thanks!

Dace

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.7%
393   1   0
How much does it cost. How did you get it to work. I have a APEX and would love to get some myself

Sent from my iPhone using Reefs

pjewett

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
How much does it cost. How did you get it to work. I have a APEX and would love to get some myself

Sent from my iPhone using Reefs

I got it from Smarthome http://www.smarthome.com/7160/WaterBug-Water-Sensor-WB-200/p.aspx

and it was $56 for the unit and 1 sensor. You have to also add to your cart 12volt power supply that it will suggest as an accessory. I went ahead and ordered a second sensor as well so that I have 1 on both sides of the tank.

This all connects to an IO Breakout box that you can either buy from Neptune or I've read several times at RC that it's simple to build your own.

I have a thread in the Neptune forum at RC where I got a lot of answers.

For the heck of it I also picked up a $15 water on the floor sensor as a redundant unit from Home Depot. It gives off a pretty shrill alarm and it only useful if I'm at home..like if I was asleep. Figured it was worth the extra few bucks for a little back up.

The WB200 (along with my APEX & Wireless equipment are all on battery backups so I should get all my alarms even if the power goes out. I have yet to test that though. Waiting to get my ATO setup for that test.

Hope this helps.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: