ryangrieder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
He has 2 evo 1040's and the reef keeper light. He did not mod anything with it. He just hooked it up so one minute the first hydor kicks on and the other kicks off, then after a minute the other kicks on and the current running one turns off, so every minute they turn on and off. Works great.

ming

LE Coral Killer
Rating - 100%
272   0   0
You two seem to be mis-understanding each other. I think the OP says to connect it to a variable speed, which means gradually slowing down and going up, giving you low, medium, and high flow, not the same as on/off.

ryangrieder is referring to just on and off on the controller.

The variable speed controller is a 0-10v controller which LED controllers, and some tunze pumps can use because they already accept a 0-10v input. The Koralia Evo pumps do not have that option, so they can only be turned on and off through the regular outlets.

Pablorenzo

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
You two seem to be mis-understanding each other. I think the OP says to connect it to a variable speed, which means gradually slowing down and going up, giving you low, medium, and high flow, not the same as on/off.

ryangrieder is referring to just on and off on the controller.

The variable speed controller is a 0-10v controller which LED controllers, and some tunze pumps can use because they already accept a 0-10v input. The Koralia Evo pumps do not have that option, so they can only be turned on and off through the regular outlets.
Is it possible to make the EVO's capable of plugging into 0-10v contoller, i only ask because i had to modify my meanwell dimmer cable on my LED's to plug into the variable speed port.

ryangrieder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Ming thanks for clearing it up. Yes that is what I ment. Soo im not sure if you could mod the evo's to do that. No personal experience with it so sorry. I would take a guess and say you can't, but then again i could be wrong...

ming

LE Coral Killer
Rating - 100%
272   0   0
Is it possible to make the EVO's capable of plugging into 0-10v contoller, i only ask because i had to modify my meanwell dimmer cable on my LED's to plug into the variable speed port.

I don't think its possible. As for your meanwell, it already accepts a 0-10V, whereas the EVO does not. Neptune actually sells the dimmer cables, or you can simply buy an RJ45 cable and splice the wires. There are diagrams available online to show which wires should go together for the + and - dimmer wires.
Even if it were possible, it wouldn't be as simple as adding a 0-10v wire to it.

Pablorenzo

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
I don't think its possible. As for your meanwell, it already accepts a 0-10V, whereas the EVO does not. Neptune actually sells the dimmer cables, or you can simply buy an RJ45 cable and splice the wires. There are diagrams available online to show which wires should go together for the + and - dimmer wires.
Even if it were possible, it wouldn't be as simple as adding a 0-10v wire to it.
thanks for the input, ill keep researching

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: