Hey everybody, I’m excited to be hosting all of you on Sunday. We have a tremendous event planned and I wanted to impart some important information so that the event goes as smoothly as possible. PLEASE READ THE WHOLE THING!

The Frag Swap is Sunday November 17th from 10-5 at The Pratt Institute Student Union. Pratt’s address is:

Pratt Institute
200 Willoughby Avenue
Brooklyn NY 11205

Subway—G train to Clinton/Washington or Classon Avenue

There is FREE PARKING on campus. Here are the details. The main entrance to campus at 200 Willoughby Ave is steps from the Student Union. There will be guards at this entrance who will direct you to continue down Willoughby Avenue to the next entrance at Emerson Place where you will be allowed to park in the back lot. It’s less than a 5 minute walk back to the venue. If you have any difficulties with this walk please reach out to me via PM and we’ll work on an accommodation for you.

The Swap is a marathon and not a sprint. We have interesting, fun and informative activities planned throughout the day. Please take advantage of them. The doors will open at 10:00AM. If you arrive before then you will be asked to line up outside the venue. There really is no need to get there super early. There is going to be so much coral in the room you are not going to miss out on anything if you’re not the first in line. If there is something so specific you are looking for you should probably arrange a deal with a vendor in advance.

Food: The main Pratt Cafeteria just steps from the venue will be open until 4:00. I have also arranged for the PI shop directly attached to the venue to open at 12:00. They serve pizza, drinks and lighter fare. There are also tons of restaurants of all varieties one block away on Myrtle Avenue and Dekalb Avenue.

Rules: This goes without saying, but I’ll say it anyway. This is a functioning college campus and my place of employment. There will be students and staff around and about both at the event and just going about their daily business. Please treat them with the respect they deserve. The same goes for the Security officers and your fellow attendees.

Pratt is a dry campus --no alcohol of any kind.

Pratt is a smoke free campus— there is no smoking at all on campus. Even outside. If you must smoke, you’ll need to go to the sidewalk outside the gates of campus.

Bring A LOT of $$$$ !!!!!
Many vendors take CC or Paypal etc., but that is up to them. You’ll also need $$$ for raffle tix. There is an ATM right next to the venue, and many on Myrtle Avenue.

Bring a small cooler or cooler bag to keep your purchases warm.

Attend the talks and demos--- this is a big part of the Swap experience

Interact with your fellow attendees. Make friends! How often are you in a room with 300 people that won’t look at you cross-eyed when you say zooxanthellae?

Participate in the raffle. The prizes are incredible and your chances of winning something are very good. Raffle tickets are $1 ea. Or 11 for every $10. THIS DOES NOT INCLUDE THE Gramma dejongi RAFFLE (see below).

The Biota Gramma dejongi raffle will be separate from the regular raffle. Tickets will be for purchase at the Biota table and will cost $10 ea. or 3 for $25. Don’t miss your once in a lifetime chance to win this Holy Grail fish!

Here’s looking toward a smooth and exhilarating event. If you have any questions or concerns beforehand, please PM me directly. If you have any questions during the event look for folks in either MR or Pratt Reef Club tee shirts.

Let the Reef games begin!

Randy

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: