• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

rookie07

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.5%
235   6   0
This thread is for the first 5 people to reserve 5 of the 7 Special Smorcularis clowns that Josh has raised from my Female B&W Ocellaris and Doni'sReef Snowcasso.

We have many Great looking young fish, but there are 7 super special ones, and we are going to allow 5 people the chance to reserve one of these special Fish.

Here are 3 videos of 3 of the 7. The 4 fish not shown look similar to the fish shown (in regards to the minimum amount of White-2 stripes connecting on both sides). All 5 of these fish have at least 2 stripes touching on both sides....they would all be considered Picasso (or Higher) if the mother was not a Darwin Ocellaris
These Videos are from day 76 (11/10/11)- Please keep in mind that the other is a black Oc. Blkack Ocellaris do not get black until 7-8 months. These fish may get very dark in 3-4 months after you buy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEWQLecs2hs-this fish will be for sale for less than $175 at the swap, we just wanted to show a few others as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_q6jMsGuj4s-my favorite as the back half is dark-not for sale

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zh_nPjizMdc (The best example of what the 5 available look like)

Whomever reserves a clown will not get to pick which one they get (when you pick up at the swap you will get to chose then, we will have the best 5 saved for the 5 who reserved, but you can in theory chose any fish you want at that point), and they will not be available to pick up until the December 4th Swap.

Price is $175 per fish. $25 payment via paypal to hold your spot (or more if you like). I will only accept 5 down payments...the rest of you will have to hope you can get one at the swap. There are close to 20 of these special fish, but only 7 have the amazing white markings and I am taking 2. There will be lower priced clowns from this batch for sale at the swap many of which will have unique markings but the cream of the crop will be presold.

We can not promise an exact fish b/c the white stripes are still growing and the fish are still coloring up.... we may not be able to identify the fish in the videos posted above as they may get whiter than they are now.

Here is a link to the Spawning Thread, which has progress pictures and Videos:
http://www.manhattanreefs.com/forum/fish/101000-clownfish-spawning.html

Post here or PM me if you want to secure one of these super rare fish.
There will be a 10% discount on the 2nd fish (of equal or lesser value) purchased. This is an attempt to encourage buyers to buy a pair, thus increasing the chance that the fish will survive and hopefully spawn more generations of offspring.

ONLY 2 REMAINING
*************************More will be available at the swap, just not the mostly white clowns

Sold To:
StraightJiggy (1)
Frank@Wall (1)
Nycpassat (1)
Me (Rookie07) (2)

Last edited:

rookie07

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.5%
235   6   0
Thank you!

I like the 2nd one the most (of the 3 shown)....the back half looks almost smokey or burnt in person. I am not sure if he is coloring up early, or if he is the only one, or etc....we will see.

Last edited:

rookie07

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.5%
235   6   0
Psshh.,.. wish my tank was ready I would have gotten two, next time around bro.

There will be more in the future...not sure how many, especially since I am moving in Jan, and clowns may stop laying eggs after the move.

We currently have another batch of about 20-30 at two weeks old.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
90   0   0
Thank you!

I like the 2nd one the most (of the 3 shown)....the back half looks almost smokey or burnt in person. I am not sure if he is coloring up early, or if he is the only one, or etc....we will see.

That second one is really unique in that he has a very defined gray area. None of the other fish look like that, although they may change in the future, but it certainly looks unusual now.

The other 5 are very close to #3.

nyc reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 96.5%
274   10   0
Clarke clown compatible?

I would like a pair but am curious if they would be ok w/my 2Clarke clowns which host my RBTA, they are in my 72ga bow. Can you PM me a price for two nice ones.
Thanks

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: