Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Several days ago I was preparing to do a water change and noticed that our drinking water had a strong chlorine smell. Although the water had been run through an RODI, just to be safe I thought I would add some dechlorinator. I usually use prime for the reef tank but my little bottle had run out and I was too lazy to go upstairs and refill it from my big bottle. I ended up using some Tetra AquaSafe Plus that I usually use on my planted tank. Since then I have not been able to turn on my skimmer without it going Mount Vesuvius on me. I believe the problem is the "powerful slime colloids" that are supposed to enhance the slime coat. It has been three days and I haven't been able to turn the skimmer on. Any suggestions? Active ingredients include: sodium hydroxymethane sulfinate, chelating compounds, polyvinylpyrollidones, seaweed biopolymers, and organic hydrocolloids.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ended up taking about 2 weeks before I got fed up and used the skimmer for my next water change. Plumbed the cup into a bucket and skimmed off 10 gallons, after that it worked as long as I kept skimmer turned down all the way. About 3 weeks before I could dial the skimmer back to it's normal setting.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: