E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
Nice, I think it would be good to see. I realize that the "pros" aren't going to be enthusiastic about giving up their trade secrets, but IMO anything that can decrease the need for wild-caught is a win in my book.

I think it'd be great to read about other fish as well, like gobies, cardinals, etc.

eazy al

onyxx owner
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Yup same here .im more into these new breeders "back yard" breeders should clean their gene pool a lot of the big companies are releasing a lots of deformed clowns n alot fo people dont see it.but you are right alot of breeder dont wanna share secrets but a few do.

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
I agree. Too many problem clowns coming through. Im certainly no expert, but I think a lot of it has to do with inbreeding. You really should try not to buy two clowns from the same clutch. Variation is a good thing.

eazy al

onyxx owner
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Yes, a company thats kicking butt know that has a fresh gene pool and hard to get are the bali aquarich blsck Picasso I got mines from a friend of mines from California .alot of breeders in the usa. Are getting them as broodstock they are trying to bring in new blood into their broodstock .these clowns are very expensive but worth it , in my opinion .

Attachments

• 20131112_131400.jpg
    20131112_131400.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 429

eazy al

onyxx owner
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
This is a p1 this ones runs for about $450.00 us. Bcuz of the face markings its very not common to see a bali "black Picasso with these face marking .not alot of wholesaler now how good the market are these they prefer getting from the big companies in Florida , maine ,& Tennessee which a extreme Picasso runs about 45 $ each vs it cost a wholesaler 180 $ per bali in cost meaning license , shipping etc..+when u buy out the country minimum purchase is 2500 $ of fish guess you get what you pay for.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: