FMarini

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Emily:
I am very familar w/ this and it has been reported before in my forum (the breeders forum over at reefcentral) and I will even attach a thread w/ some great pictures.
Pay particular attention to the photo from "Mustang"

http://reefcentral.com/vbulletin/showth ... nd+anemone

Here is a response from one of my eariler comments
-------------------------

Banggai seek protection and apparently they can use either the black long spined sea urchin or long tentecled inverts. Scott michaels recently presented (on his coralrealms website) that a new colony of banggai were found (they were offspring of released fish which had established in a local lagoon), and they were living in and amoungst the long tentecles of local anemones.
This phenomenon has been reported thruout the boards for a couple of yrs, and i believe in a somewhat recent Aquarium Fish mag Scott michaels also reported his finding along w/ photos. He only speculated that the banggai cards had protection from the anemone, but I say its a slam dunk based on the picture from Mustang. The banggai/anemones combos i've seen in person do this have always hovered in and around the tentecles, and do touch them. There are a number of observations that other fish beside cardinals can also build immune tolerance to anemone stings.

Check out mustangs photos

frank

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: