dacaptain78

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
First, let me say that this was the coolest fish store I have been to. Of course the place looks great because of the wall to wall elos tanks, but the real show stopper is the live stock they carry. A couple gems I saw today were a purple frilly rhino, two dr. Seuss fish, a bi-color yellow tang (black on its face like a mask), black tang, gem tang, clarion angel, and some x-large blotchy anthias. Four big tanks full of frags and coral colonies as well. Saw some nice lps.

Didn't ask prices on any of the fish other than the anthias. I am stupid enough to buy one or three of these fish even tho I shouldn't, but I am not stupid enough to do it while my wife and kids are present. Lolololol.

I did pick up a fat regal and blue face angel. Also picked up a gold hammer. Fish are in the qt tank. Blue face is eating pellets already. Regal is picking at a fresh clam, but didn't go for the pellets or rods food or mysis. Hopefully he will have more of an appetite tomorrow.

Without further ado here are some pictures. Too lazy to grab the canon so here are the crappy iPhone shots. Enjoy.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByReefs1365903885.181546.jpg
    ImageUploadedByReefs1365903885.181546.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 610
  • ImageUploadedByReefs1365903899.743590.jpg
    ImageUploadedByReefs1365903899.743590.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 577
  • ImageUploadedByReefs1365903929.447469.jpg
    ImageUploadedByReefs1365903929.447469.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 581
  • ImageUploadedByReefs1365903945.420820.jpg
    ImageUploadedByReefs1365903945.420820.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 570

thirty6

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
nice looking fish, i dont care for the pricing not to be displayed on tanks. were they reasonably priced? they have very nice livestock selection and the two times i was in the store i didnt notice any poor looking tanks or livestock that appeared to be "hurting"

dacaptain78

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
The livestock was all reasonably priced. I don't like having to ask a price for everything. But the owner explained that they will have all prices viewable via an iPad app. The ipad(s) will be hooked up on a wall in the store so in theory you see a fish or coral you like and then go check the iPad for the price.

I would still prefer to have prices displayed on the tank but this set up does fit with the modern styling of the store.

dacaptain78

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
The regal is still on a hunger strike. Nibbled on some fresh clam again, but nothing else. So far I tried to feed the following in addition to the clam:

Rod's frozen food (original and veggie blends)
Mysis
Nls pellets
Ocean nutrition pellets (green and blue)
Algae sheets

Not interested in anything yet. I will try to chop up some table shrimp later. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

jaa1456

MR's Greatest Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
I would skip the pellets for now, if it won't take mysis it won't take pellets. Usually the Red Sea Regals are the ones that eat anything. Hopefully it starts eating, they are gorgeous fish.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: