ychan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
113   0   0
Looking to add either rhomboid or lineatus fairy wrasse. Which one has better color and less aggressive? Any recommendation. Did they tolerate shallow sand bed or just need good rocky hiding place?

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
Once reaching full male to me and ive had most fairy and flasher species, the rhom when flashings colors are one of the nicer and liked it better then the lint, once super male it actually turns a golden color when flashing with bright purple

ychan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
113   0   0
IMO lineatus has better color but they are more aggressive. How shallow is your sand bed?

Thanks for the info

Neither requires a sand bed

Good to know. I have deep sand bed in my old tank before. Now, the new tank setup is BB. I love BB setup. Easy to manage and clean up. Otherwise, with 2 vortech 60. Sand will fly everywhere. The bottom will easy cover by z&p and chalice, so hardly able to see the bottom. I do have leopard wrasse which I house with deep sand bed in plasticware behind the rock work. And I glue some encrusting monit and soft coral to the side of plasticware, so it looks like a tiny expensive apartment in manhattan! The wrasse loves it.

ychan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
113   0   0
Once reaching full male to me and ive had most fairy and flasher species, the rhom when flashings colors are one of the nicer and liked it better then the lint, once super male it actually turns a golden color when flashing with bright purple

Wow, I was thinking about rhomboid too. But only able to locate a sub- male. Want to get a pair, but nobody selling a female!

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
dont worry about doing pairs. learned that along time ago, they have tendancy on any fairy or flasher to go male one may stay sub-male and other go full male, ive tried with, rhom, lint, pink margin, flame wrasse, mkcoster and several others

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: