Yani1133

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
So ive had my purple tilefish for about three months and he is by far my favorite fish. He is always out at the front of my tank waiting for food and even shoots water at my hands sometimes. I want to get another if possible and was wondering if anyone had experiences mixing them, had my eyes on a red skunk tile.

dennis

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
From my experience I have on issue with them, I have never seen them fighting with each other or tank mates. I also have a purple and a skunk in my 90gal, very interesting and active fish mine also shoots water and at feeding time sticks its body almost halfway out the water. They love to jump so if your tank is not covered I suggest you invest in a mesh cover before you get another tile.

Yani1133

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Thanks for the reply and thats great news. Mine does the same exact thing when im adding food, half the time it misses the food its so busy popping out of water. And yea thats def a necessity i have a homemade screen i made out of fishing line. The 1st month when he was skittish he would always jump and find the tiniest holes in my overflow cover, dont think he would even last a day without the cover.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: