Attachments

• ImageUploadedByReefs2015-02-07 21:50:38 EST.jpg
    ImageUploadedByReefs2015-02-07 21:50:38 EST.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 966

rjl09

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The only good petco is in central ave by yonkers. I still have a pair of clowns, firefish and a scooter blenny still doing fine in my tank.

Rating - 100%
227   0   0
now that Petco owns DFS/LA, they have access to practically anything & everything. the one in NHP/GC already special orders hard to find fish. who knows what they will stock in their stores in near future...

fredro

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Both the Petco and te Petland Discounts by me (Riverhead, 11901) have had their saltwater section taken away, definitely due to their inability to correctly maintain it. Sad, but better for the fish and inverts in the long run.

Jazeel55

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
The treat with buying from Petco is to get live stock as soon as they come in. You find out the days they get saltwater delivery and get the fish that day. I bought 3 clams from Petco and there doing great 2 yrs later are huge. all 8 of my fish came from Petco and 3 yrs later there still alive. I can't say the same about a few LFS.

CoralOfDuty

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
the best part of buying from petco is that....if the livestock can survive there, then im 100% sure that i can keep it alive, and the fish will be forever grateful. lol

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I just purchased a new fish from the Petco on 86th and Lexington and it seems to be doing fine... They have some employees in that section who know what they're doing and of course some who don't know as much. I went like a week or so before and almost got charged double the price b/c they had thought it was a different fish

SIReefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
Stopped by the Petco in SI near the Outerbridge for dog supplies yesterday and took a look at their fish out of curiosity. Pretty poor looking fish and coral with a few dead fish in the tanks. The freshwater selection looked ok though. I think Petco bought out Doctors Foster & Smith/Live Aquaria so I wonder how their livestock will be faring now?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: