Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Hello fellow reefers i want to know if any one has had any success with keeping a clam with and emperor angelfish mines is currently in my 220 reef and he's not bothering any of the corals he did eat my zooanthids but they were anything of value just some hitch hikers on a rock, but i digress i soon badly want a clam in my tank now that its coming along very nicely and parameters are stablizing but I'm afraid he will nip at the mantle and kill him what are everyones thoughts on this matter

Z06-Hec

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I have kept large adult angels with large clams with no issues.
I have an Adult Blue face angel and an adult Majestic Angel. I had a few large clams rom 5-7 inches for about 6-8 months with never any issues. They did pick at certain things but never the clams. I got this Powder blue tang that did pick at the clams... Before i figured out what was going on they were all very upset and would not open up. When i put a camera up i saw the powder blue picking at clams, goniopora, everything.. and fighting with everyone.
He was traded...

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: