Ryno

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking for opinions on adding more clowns to my tank. I have a standard 90 gallon with a well established pair of ocellaris clowns in it for the last 9 years. I am looking to add more fish and was wondering if it would be possible to add more clowns. I have 2 large RBTA's and the pair is only hosting one. other fish in the tank are: Kole tang, Powder blue tang, Melanurus wrasse, and a foxface. If this is a bad idea then I was thinking of getting two female melanurus wrasses to go with my male. Thoughts?

Thank you

Ryno

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is what I'm worried about. I don't want to add them if it's going to turn into a battle in there. I know BRS had that tank with a pile of clowns in it and was just wondering if I could do a smaller group of them. Like maybe 5 or so.

Z06-Hec

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I did this, used a small 2 gallon water jug, drilled holes in it all over for flow pass through. Added 3 small clowns.
The adult nearly naked i had, took a liking to them and baby sat the jug. After a month if me watching them get along i let them free. 1 of the smaller 3 took to the adult and he starting fighting off the other 2 it came with and was always fine with. Eventually i had to remove them and give them away.
In the end 1 of them paired with my nearly naked, so now I have a mocha and nearly naked paired.
I also have 4 med-large bubble tips and a giant carpet. That did not matter. They would literally pin the others against a corner and one even jumped into my overflow.
This wasn't immediate so i thought it was all ok, but little by little the aggression kept building.

ducati335i

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
178   0   1
i have a snowcasso and a regular clownfish that do not pair up,, they are each in their own nem.. i'll be adding a picasso or two soon, and survival of the fitest.. (well if its really bad i;ll do what I have to do) maybe it will work out, i do have 11 huge tangs that get along great and a lot of people said that cant be done either,
trail and error.. my worst experience was a clown goby that killed my huge sailfin.. I bought another sailfin right after and same thing! had to take him out! (the goby)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: