rich

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Has anyone had any experience with having a groups of yellowstriped cardinalfish schooling. I read they do as juveniles but not as an adult which sort of defeats the purpose of getting them but I like that they are small and peaceful. TIA

redtigrinus

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a small group of yellowstripe that school a lot when they were younger. Now that they are adults they dont really school. They stay together but not schooling.

If you're looking for a good schooling cardinalfish you may want to check out the longspine aka blue eyed cardinalfish. They tend to school much more, even into adulthood. You'll need at least 10 though, but more is better. I plan to add about 15 to my system.

ecvernon

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
170   0   0
I had 9 of them and they did swim together. There was one that kept bullying and harassing the others to death 1 fish at a time. I tried to catch him but I think i may have caught the wrong one(they all look exactly alike) as the killing continued. And then there was one.

MIKE NY

Two Decade Club
Rating - 100%
204   0   0
I had 9 of them and they did swim together. There was one that kept bullying and harassing the others to death 1 fish at a time. I tried to catch him but I think i may have caught the wrong one(they all look exactly alike) as the killing continued. And then there was one.

That was my experience with them as well, but they did last a few years before that happened with a few pairing off and breeding (they are mouth brooders).

rich

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
So do they need to be bought singly or buy a pair or do they need to be a bonded pair. Its weird because divers den usually sells them in trios

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: