jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
I believe that I made a rookie mistake. I made an impulse purchase of this cleaner wrasse. I did a quick search from my phone to see requirements and it seemed easy to care for. When I got got and already acclimated + introduced it into my tank, I read further about others experiences. Apparently this fish feeds on SPS polyps as an adult :( So far I saw this fish nip once at a stylo, but not at other SPS. I'm currently trying to get this fish out of my tank but it won't be easy. It's a small, fast fish that darts into holes and doesn't really feed aggressively enough to be lured into a trap. Maybe I'll try scooping him from the sand bed when the lights go out. Or perhaps get a larger reef safe cleaner to give him a hard time :D

Just curious if anyone had/has this fish and your experiences. Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_0719 (1).jpg
    IMG_0719 (1).jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 314
Last edited:

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Avoid this fish like the plague! It started munching on all of my SPS. Had to take the whole tank apart to catch him. What a pain.

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
did you get him?

Yea he's in my sump. Going to see if the store will credit me since it was sold to me as reef safe. Still my fault as I should have done more research, I usually don't rely on fish stores to tell me what I can have in my tank. It's not a common fish and I didn't see the SPS eating experiences until I read further. This fish is the SPS devil!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: