jmc1024

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,
Lost my potter's angel today, two days before finishing TTM. Was a bummer. Was hoping to learn and get some thoughts about cause of death. The fish was fine for the last 10 days. However had difficult eating which i understand is somewhat normal for new potter's as they are shy. He did seem to be breathing heavily the last day or two. The day he died I notice this white spot on his belly. However didn't notice anything before today. Thinking it might be a bacterial infection but was hoping to get some thoughts as I'm not great at identifying diseases.
Thanks,
Jay

Attachments

• IMG_6239.jpg
    IMG_6239.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 339

piranhapat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Sorry for your lose. He had open sores which can be a bacteria infection. But most likely the cause of death was parasites. Most likely attached to his gills. Causing him not to get oxygen. Potters like most dwarfs angel fish. Need to be Qt and might need to be treated for velvet or ick. I like to treat new fish with a 5 min freshwater bath. Than qt with no medicine until he's eating. Than I would observed him and go from there.

jmc1024

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for your thoughts. I didn't see any sign of parasites but you may very well be correct. I"d imagine if it were parasites would be more likely that it was velvet then ick since I was almost done with TTM and fish got worse over time.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: