marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
Carpet surfing is preventable, I made the mistake of not covering every open space.

There really is no way of covering the tank completely, and even if you do most fish can and do get through netting and even a glass top some large fish, especially Eels, can move and get out. The only real way would be to use glass on the whole top and either put a heavy weight on it or clamp the glass down in place, even then you have the overflow where a fish could escape from or into and down into the sump.

heuerfan

Rating - 100%
172   0   0
There really is no way of covering the tank completely, and even if you do most fish can and do get through netting and even a glass top some large fish, especially Eels, can move and get out. The only real way would be to use glass on the whole top and either put a heavy weight on it or clamp the glass down in place, even then you have the overflow where a fish could escape from or into and down into the sump.

There is always a way Mike, you just explained how :)

I don't have an overflow so no problem for me.

We as hobbyist have to innovate, 15 years ago people told me there is no way I could keep a 7 gallon nano reef tank..... Glad I didn't listen to them :spin:

pict0002.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: