Manhattan Reefs

Welcome to Manhattan Reefs, the premier website for coral reef aquarium owners in the New York City area.

You are not currently logged in to our site so you may not be able to access all of the wonderful content and features that we offer. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

User Name
Password
   Home Forums Market Chat Stores Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read About MR

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2019, 10:16 PM
Reefer Ratings: (5 (86%)
Friends: (7)
Send a Private Message
20 year old fish

Just lost my marine beta, my girlfriend, now wife. Bought me this fish when we were dating , back in 2003 , It was traded in to my local pet shop ( tropical world )or locally known as stinstons,
because it was too big , it had to be at least three or four years old at the time . Back then I had a 75 gallon mixed fish and basic coral tank. When I get married we moved ,I had to transfer to a temporary 55 gallon tank at my parents house . then a 220 gallon tank ,For at least five years then a 120 corner Aqua Vim ,For at least four years, the fish survived a four day power outage in the middle of winter and the temperature went down to the low 50s, 2 lion fish also survived ,
then unfortunately I had to move it to a 26 gallon bowfront , for a couple years , than a 75 gallon tank and then most recently my 95 wave tank. The 95 wave tank is very healthy with lots of coral growth and healthy fish. Unfortunately there was a long white stringy thing coming from the rear of the marine beta, That’s the first photo. The second photo was two months ago before I moved it into the 95
Attached Thumbnails

Old 04-12-2019, 11:23 PM
Reefer Ratings: (24 (100%)
Friends: (2)
Send a Private Message
Sorry to hear Tony.

Always hard to lose an animal, harder after that many years.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Old 04-13-2019, 01:49 AM
Reefer Ratings: (1 (100%)
Friends: (0)
Send a Private Message
Sorry for your loss, I had one for 8 years before it passed when my tank crashed 6 years ago. I just recently purchased another one, definitely my favorite fish
Old 04-13-2019, 09:42 AM
Reefer Ratings: (4 (100%)
Send a Private Message
Damn thats tough, beautiful fish.
Old 04-14-2019, 07:53 AM
Reefer Ratings: (0 (0%)
Send a Private Message
wow, nice fish damn that sucks, didn't know they were reef safe.