• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Louis Z

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice article Scott. I did have a question to sexing. I have yet to see an individual in person but I do wonder if the males show a higher or taller fin ray. I realize that claiming they are males as difficult but is there a difference in size of ray between bonded pairs or fish that share the same hole? The only bad thing I have heard is poor shipping. I really don t know if its true just the opinion of a LFS. I know you mentioned Japan but do many fish from Japan get imported into the states? The reason I ask is that so many nice gobies show up on the Goby Frontiers page. I see a lot of really cool pictures of gobies that are taken in Okinawa. I am curious as to your source of these -was it a LFS or mailorder?

TuffGong

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Scott, I would also be interested in knowing your source for this fish. How tough is the shrimp to care for? Does this pair do well with any substrate? How much should I expect to pay for a good specimen of the shrimp and fish, and when purchasing the fish, what qualites should one look for to make sure it is healthy? Thanks.

Louis Z

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
TG, Scott never responded so dont know if he looks at this forum. You might have to be the trailblazer here and try for a pairing when you locate them. I had seen these on FFE a year ago but havent seen them since. I think they were going for ~$70 but I just dont remember all to clearly. I also had seen them once on The Marine Center. I didnt purchase at the time since I had not setup any tanks. Now that I have several stable Q tanks ready - I havent seen the fish. My hope is to purchase 4 to 6 individuals and try trial and error pairing.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: