Pavaphon

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The fish was imported from Indonesia with no name tack on it. I just got it recently and I think it is Suttonia suttoni, not lineatus. Anyone having any idea of what it could be?

This one is quiet hard to kept. I put him in a seperated tank. Now he seem not to have much interest on food offered. I'm feeding him with live small freshwater shrimp and brine shrimp. At least he ate some!

Attachments

• DSCN7244.jpg
    DSCN7244.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 1,411
  • DSCN7242.jpg
    DSCN7242.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 2,082

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice fish! We call them pogfish around here :) Your guess is as good as mine for the species; I've never seen a Suttonia suttoni, but I agree it's not a S.lineatus.

Pavaphon

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Hiroyuki for the pics.

Any physical difference between this two species?
I still think that it was S. suttoni, due to the slope of the head shape.

Hiroyuki Tanaka

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I once sent the picture to Dr. Randall that was identical to yours, and he replied as shown below.

Hiroyuki:

I am not positive it is Suttonia lineata, as I suspect it may be hard to distinguish by color from suttonia. If you have Indo-Pacific Fishes number 26 by Randall and Baldwin, you will see C. suttonia is known only from the W Indian Ocean, but perhaps it extends to the Andaman Sea and no one has collected it. There are modal meristic differences (see Tables l-3), but one might need more than one specimen to be sure of the species.

Aloha, Jack

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: