Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After it's done it's job, I honestly don't know. I haven't kept cleaners for very long since they seem to have little disease to sustain them. I know this is a ethical dilemna, but the chance of saving many wrasses may be worth trying a cleaner wrasse.

Hiroyuki Tanaka

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, Cleaner Wrasses may pick up parasites on fairy wrasses but they do not accept foods offered and do notlive long in the aquarium.

Here is a new comer, but a popular species, C. lineatus, 10 cm long. It came from Australia and soon displayed in the tank without any female.
This is close to C. laboutei from Australia, New Caledonia, Loyalty Islands and Vanuatu.

Attachments

• CirrLineatus10cmMa-1.jpg
    CirrLineatus10cmMa-1.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 1,493

Hiroyuki Tanaka

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is a displaying coloration of the same specimen. The caudal fin was gorgeously colored, pinkish red. The body and fins turned whitish, but the pectoral fins became orange ! (unusual for Cirrhilabrus spp.)

Attachments

• CirrLineatusMa10cmDisplay.jpg
    CirrLineatusMa10cmDisplay.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 1,493

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gobies won't work because Cirrhilabrus are so active. They will not slow down for gobies for shrimps, so only the wrasses can do the work.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
shane 1111":3qi3fzrf said:
i seen a wrass get cleened by a cleaner goby at my lfs

In a small tank? If the tank is small, the movement is limited, so maybe that's why it can be cleaned. I don't know much about wrasse, so that was just a guess.

Hiroyuki Tanaka

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A cleaner wrasse is inspecting a male of Paracheilinus cyaneus, 8cm (upper) and also Cirrhilabrus roseafascia, 15cm (lower) in a small tank. The latter just changed its pectoral fins, white to yellow.

Attachments

• Roseafascia15cm-12.jpg
    Roseafascia15cm-12.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 1,459
  • ParacheilinusCyaneusMale8cm.jpg
    ParacheilinusCyaneusMale8cm.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 1,459

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: