Galantra

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Ok i have a very Big problem! One of my tangs just died 2 days ago and now i have a second one that just died they both been in my tank for over 3 months ago.
Symtoms that they both had were pale looking scales looks like there eyes where colored in with grey skin just looked very rough i would say. Could this be a problem for my other fish? I do Medicate my fish about once a week I know i had a issue before with Phos before but everything was taking care of from then till now any help?

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Sorry for your loss!

Why are you medicating the tank and what are you using -- and what are all of your water parameters?
"DITTO"

Very sorry for your loss, I know how you feel.
I don't believe high phosphates had anything to do with their death.​
Pail color & cloudy eyes definitely not a good sign. What are you feeding your fish, how much, and how often? Do you supplement their diet with vitamins & garlic?
Really need to know your water parameters, especially the ammonia & nitrites.
Hope all goes well for the remaining fish.

Chiefmcfuz

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Never, never never never never never never never medicate your display tank.

Always use a hospital tank.

Whenever you medicate know what your medicating for.

That being said what illness did they have? Not sure need more info. and like was asked before :
What are your water parameters? What, when and how often do you feed is important as well.

If anything also supplement your food with garlic extract of if you feed formula 1 or 2 it's already there. Tangs need great water conditions and to be able to graze on seaweed at any point in time during the day.

Galantra

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Well let see i usr seachem Focus and Neoplex medication. Not sure what they had would like to know if there is something wrong in my tank. whats formula 1&2? didnt also no i need to get vitiamans i do have a UV that isnt connected (since i broke the quart sleeve that i been trying to buy)would this help me? also my pars are
Ca=440
KH= 12dkh/214.8ppm
Ph=.25
Nitrate=.20
Amonia=0
Just also finish a 40% water change now these readings were just before

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: