bklynpapi

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.2%
166   3   0
So I recently started my tank back up, after one of the big hurricanes knock out my power. I transferred all fish and corals to my friends Joels tanks to hold for me So I’m doing Fowlr now . I have a 150 long 6ft I added imperial, majestic, and queen angels , few warreses and bought back my clown fish . The imperial and majestic angels developed ich and what seems to be a fungus disease as what my buddy says. So I decided to run copper power in my main tank for about a month or so. Before I put my other fish back in. I a noob a running copper so I came here for advice and note my progress

I’ve been running it since Thursday Jan 28th. I followed copper power directions and tried to get level to 2.5 ppm. I didn’t have tester because Lfs didn’t have one. So I tried with the measurements the on the directions

After running it for 2 days the fish looks great . I went to my normal fish store nyreef and picked a Hanna tester and picked up a few more fish Since I’m running copper. I may add my old fish and quarantine them too after 2 weeks but long story short. I yesterday tested the water got 1.08 ppm which seemed odd because I put about 90% of recommended dose. I read the live rock and sand can leak it. so I added a few more ounces of copper power yesterday.

Today it read 2.08 ppm

Few questions
It says to run at 2.5 ppm
All the stuff I find says it’s better to run at 1.5-2 pmm because it not good for fish.
Why ?
Should I rise it to 2.5 ppm?
And do you think the live rock will keep absorbing copper Power and I will have to keep adding copper to keep level at 2.5ppm?

I will keep updating daily test here to keep it noted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

bklynpapi

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.2%
166   3   0
Thanks humblefish fish are doing great I will raise to 2.5
Today it came down to 1.97 I added some copper power after 2.5, what it the highest level before copper becomes lethal?

Last edited:

bklynpapi

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.2%
166   3   0
8a210367016b263705820c974c807d0c.jpg

Humblefish

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best solution for clearing cloudy water in QT:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: