Jasonanatal

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I have personally kept a Porcupine Puffer, Stars and Stripes Puffer, African Starry Puffer, and a Dogface Puffer succesfully in a 125 gallon Fish Only Aquarium with Live Rock when I first got into the hobby. But I always pushed the limits when I first got into the hobby.

Bikinisalt

Always Overfeeding
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I have also personally kept a Porcupine Puffer, Stars and Stripes Puffer, and a Dogface Puffer succesfully in a 120 gallon FOWLR tank and like Jason said pushed the limits when I first got into the hobby, but still pushing...

Dj Orion

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Right now I have a Black Dog Face and a white Dog Face puffer together in a 180. They get along great, but when feeding time arrives, the black one nips at the white (he's a hog, lol) chasing it away.

I had a dogface, stars and stripes and porcupine in the same tank, and the stars and stripes at feeding time almost killed my porcupine on 2 seperate occasions. Once he almost completely tore off his eye, and another time, he bit off half of his lip. I no longer have that stars and stripes and my porcupine made a full recovery and is living happily in my tank today.

I think they all can live together for the most part, its just when you feed them, they get so aggressive they will attack whoever is in their way (usually another puffer)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: