flipit13

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
i just bought a new true percula yesterday well actually my wife bought it for me about an inch long. and was wondering what i can get him or her to sleep in besides an amenome cause i dont want one that likes my glass as its home lol

all help would be great
thanks
rick

flipit13

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
ok i see so there is no definate answer. i just dont want it to get hurt cause i read that hammers, torches and frogspawns give a different sting. which may cause the little one some damage. that is why i am asking will there be any harm to it since is is so small about an inch

thanks everyone for the replies
rick

flipit13

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
thank you nanoreefer cause mine is sleeping in the uper right hand corner of the tank and i am just concerned maybe just a worry wart. how about a xenia or something along those lines?

House of Laughter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 100%
310   0   0
Flip - depending on how aggressive they (clowns) get, frogs, hammer and torch's are bad ideas as the clown will eventually kill them with their intrusion and slime coat. That's If they are aggressive - if not, they will live years in that and likely lay eggs as all of those corals have skeletons with smooth surfaces. Chances you take.

Same chances with an anemone - may move, may not - likely it will and might not touch anything along the way - or might destroy everything in it's path -

So goes the ways of reefing - I have a pair hosting green star polyps now - funny to watch.

House

Dace

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.7%
393   1   0
Flip - depending on how aggressive they (clowns) get, frogs, hammer and torch's are bad ideas as the clown will eventually kill them with their intrusion and slime coat. That's If they are aggressive - if not, they will live years in that and likely lay eggs as all of those corals have skeletons with smooth surfaces. Chances you take.

Same chances with an anemone - may move, may not - likely it will and might not touch anything along the way - or might destroy everything in it's path -

So goes the ways of reefing - I have a pair hosting green star polyps now - funny to watch.

House
I guess I've just been lucky, because i have 3 clowns and they host all four of the corals i stated for about 3 years and none have killed the corals, or maybe there just not aggressive. Sorry for the misleading post flip.

flipit13

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
well the time has finally come . my perc i now hosting the gonipora i bought from jim at house of fish. i have never seen the gonipora this big either. pics later

yay ME-MO finally has a home to sleep

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: