LaurieC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
I noticed that my two neon cleaner gobies had some white spots on them, but then I also noticed that one of them also had a larger brownish, tanish spot on his side. I removed both from the DT and now have them in QT. What is this? How do I treat them and what should I do to my DT to make sure this doesn't spread. I have various corals, snails, hermits, shrimp, other fish, etc. I have UV running so very suprised by this. Tank has been running since Aug. 1 and these fish have been in the tank and healthy for a month. 55g, 60lbs lr, live sand, canister filters (just cleaned a week ago), I do a weekly 10% water change. Temp. 80. Parameters tested this am:

SG: 1.023
Ph: 8.4
A: 0
Ni: 0
Na: 10
Alk: 3 meg/L
Mag: 1110
Ca: 410

THanks!!

Attachments

• IMG_5483.jpg
    IMG_5483.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_5480.jpg
    IMG_5480.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 105

oonycxwilloo

Vendor
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
Alk has nothing to do with ich. Even if your Alk lvl is low or high it shouldn't trigger an ich out break.

Judging from the picture, can't really tell if it is ich or anything, all it looks like its the debri that got stuck on the fish. Can you give us a much clearer picture?

richardhmc

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Alk has nothing to do with ich. Even if your Alk lvl is low or high it shouldn't trigger an ich out break.

Judging from the picture, can't really tell if it is ich or anything, all it looks like its the debri that got stuck on the fish. Can you give us a much clearer picture?

I agree. I do think I see some white spots in the first picture, but then again in the second picture there is sand riding on the fish.

LaurieC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
That Alk is meg/L which should be between 2.5-4 so 3 is ok, but I've been keeping an eye on that as well as Ph and Mag. But I don't think any of that is the cause. I haven't added anything since the swap so I'm stunned. Sorry about the sand, I had to tear my tank apart to catch them--fast little hiders--and took the photo right after. I think they do have ich, but it might be secondary to whatever is causing the brownish discoloration. I know hard to see, but it's in the first photo in the middle, just above the black strip on the fish in the front. I have no idea what that is or how to treat? None of the other fish have ich or spots (yet), but should I remove them from the DT and treat everyone? Thanks all!!!! I'll see if I can get a better photo up later this eve.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: