A

Anonymous

Potamotrygon motoro aka Motoro Stingrays. I kept them for years though unfortunately don't have that kind of space anymore. Marvelous critters that would eat out out my hand. :)

potamotrygon_motoro01.jpg

Regards,
David Mohr

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Holy Cow (not supercow) I had thought this was a dead issue.

Angels or Discus

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok, ready for something radical? Chocolate gourami relative, I think. Available if you live in Singapore:

IMG_2624R.jpg

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a dyed in the wool fish geek, so naming a favorite is kind of hard.
I will say that my favoriet group are the cichlids, and I've raised and bred many species over the years. Some rare and valuable, some just because I like them.
I used to HATE community fish. Tetras, that sort of thing. I called them "wimp" fish. Now that I'm getting older though ( a wopping 33 years) I find that I very much like those fish. At some point I want to do a planted tank with cardinals, gouramis, some clown loaches and maybe a few discus.
I very much like the large fish, and I've spent a lot of time keeping huge tanks full of giant central and south american fish. Red Tail cats, peacock bass, managuense, motoguense, shovelnose catfish, you name it.
Reef tanks are SO MUCH LESS MAINTENENCE! It's crazy. That's the main reason I don't keep huge freshwater fish tanks anymore. 50% water changes every week - Ughhh!

Jim

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As a general group, African cichlids. One individual fish..?? Oh man.. I don't think I can DO that!

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
who said anything about ONE particular favorite?

in fact, the thread title refers to more than one

:P

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to point out that African cichlids are basically all the same fish.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to point out that you've changed, drastically.

Attachments

• suparover.jpg
    suparover.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 208

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: