0   0   0
100_0358.jpg
http://img36.photobucket.com/albums/v108/keithferguson/100_0364.jpg
100_0365.jpg

Mouse

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Defenately a scat, good tankmates for archers and mono's, and maybee a freshwater blenny or two.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it looks like a red scat

there are 2-3 varieties, iirc

scats are very active get big and will literally eat almost anything

their name means 'garbage(crap) eater' - a name given by shipgoers who used to see them feeding off garbage dumped overboard

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you go into fishbase, they damn near all come up as Scatophagus argus, and the name FITS!

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wathc out for the dorsal spines they give a wicked prick. :wink: Not nearly as bad as the silver but still a stinger

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes SM you are correct as the rest of you, its definetly a Scat...sorry i have to pipe in since i just now seen this thread....

phazer

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SCAT it is! Supposely only a brackish water fish. But I had a couple of them housed with freshwater - african cichlids for about 2 years. Great little fish!

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I was 10 years old my dad took me to get some food for my rapidly breeding mice that I fed to my snakes. This shop had huge aquaria that featured Monos and Scats. They were very big fish and looked great. Those fish got me started in keeping fish. My favorites are the Scats...very active and easy to keep but had a bit of a problem with fungus that was easily treated with what I don't remember. I have kept Scats longer than any fish I have ever had. I love these guys.This site is all you need to know to keep Scats.

http://fish.mongabay.com/scatophagidae.htm

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: