A

Anonymous

No, I just ordered the tank, of course there are no pics yet.

Just deciding how many I want. I may get 4 and try to breed them. Being a peckolita, they won't exceed 4".

I've had them in the past and done well with them, tho they never bred. Had them for 3 years before I traded them in to get saltwater.

Peace,

Chip

fishfanatic2

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
4 sounds good, for breeding ive heard that bristlenose like to lay their eggs in caves and such, ive heard success with using a clar plastic pipe or pvc.

Sounds like an intereting setup, never really thought about a FW nanocube... :D

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
pvc tubes prefferably grey or black, and not too bright a tank is prob'ly the setup ya want

there not too difficult to sex at maturity, the males should have a broader head to body length when viewed from above

lots of meaty foods-the zebra 'pleco' (formerly known as L-42) is carnivorous

to trigger spawning you'll prob'ly have to mimic the rainfall's effect on the environment, a gradual warming of the tank, followed by good wc's and a slight temp drop (also a great trick fer neon spawning). combined w/a slight reduction in tds and pH, may do the trick

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I know, vitzer...I've kept them before...

Thanks for the info.

Peace,

Chip

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
vitz":3vwe7jq9 said:
so where's da pics? :P

I'm just finishing up the den and the lizard enclosure. I think we're gonna scrap the 4-cube plan and go with a larger seahorse tank. We decided to put the big TV on the opposite wall, and now there isn't enough room for my 4-cube rack. We're still trying to make it work...

I'd love to have a zebra pleco tank, tho...what to do...

Peace,

Chip

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
fishfanatic2":etrk8bx9 said:
What kinda lizards? Whos 'we'? Either this is soemthing new or i forgot. :wink: :?

I have a 6'x2'x2'custom-made enclosure for my lizards. A pair of adult leopard geckos and a nosey-be blue panther chameleon.

The 'we' is my girlfriend and myself...I moved in over a month ago.

Peace,

Chip

fishfanatic2

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
marillion":1kn5ftvg said:
fishfanatic2":1kn5ftvg said:
What kinda lizards? Whos 'we'? Either this is soemthing new or i forgot. :wink: :?

I have a 6'x2'x2'custom-made enclosure for my lizards. A pair of adult leopard geckos and a nosey-be blue panther chameleon.

The 'we' is my girlfriend and myself...I moved in over a month ago.

Peace,

Chip

I see-cool! I must keep up on the news! :lol: A month ago? Geeze im bad. :roll:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: