• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

tazdevil

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a oceanic 37 gallon that I am converting into a FW planted with kribensis as the primary species (maybe cherry barbs as dither and second). I have already picked up eco-complete substrate for the plants. I have a dual 65watt pc lighting system that I'm going to be using, but only going to have one bulb on during photoperiods, then when that one wears out, switch to the other.

1: Should I add any additional filtration/water movement and how much?

2: Lighting- is one 65 watt pc enough for this tank?

3: Kribensis- Any plants that should not be in this tank?

Thanks.

gpodio

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Regarding question number 1, what's the current filtration? Plants to add to the amount of waste generated in a tank as leaves die off and such, if you have a small canister such as an XP1 or Eheim 2213 it will cope with quite a bit of waste before clogging. Hang on back filters will require more frequent cleaning but as long as you have water movement throughout the tank you should be fine.

Number 2, that's about as much light as you will want without additional CO2 injection.

3, it will pick the new shoots of some of the more delicate stem plants but I wouldn't say not to have such plants, just have enough that their picking won't effect the overall look of the tank. It's a good food source for them.

Hope that helps
Giancarlo Podio

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Totally get filtration. My tank would be a cesspool without it. And it polishes the water nicely. I've got a little hang on back eheim, and am glad I got it.

~wings~

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh yeah..get one of those co2 thingys too.. there is a definite difference in the plant growth- a daily difference!

~wings~

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: