tunicata

Tunicate Tamer
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
Hello Jarret,
I've just inherited a small 8 by 3 (18-22 inches deep) pond.
So far it just has the lining, and some rocks around it
Not sure what else I really need to get a basic pond up and going. I'd like to keep koi in it. What's in yours equipment wise? Can you help me figure this out?

ESSELO

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
133   0   0
that's a beauty, here's mine

POND6.jpg

POND5.jpg

POND2.jpg

POND.jpg

PONDE.jpg

Last edited:

ESSELO

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
133   0   0
pond

lmao-sorry man, i didn't mean to step on your toes. i'd trade you in a minute, my back hurts. i like yours because the water is so clear, mine is not like that-it would take a uv the size of a bus. but it's natural and it has several types of turtles and other stuff. plus it gets a lot of sun=algae. but i run it all winter, the livestock hibernates under the ice and once spring/early summer comes again it explodes with life. we also have a duck family. those pics are from last year. this year the water lilies are like dinner plates. i can go back and forth between the tank and the pond all night. i think my wife wants to fill it in with cement. i'm going to be moving pretty soon, if you're interested i'll probably have some livestock up for grabs. enjoy. btw, thanks jejton-you're welcome to come by for a beer and check it out anytime.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: