DEL

reef guy in jc
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
hi guys..recently i got the rkl with ph, orp, and temp, 2 pc 4s, 1 SL1 module from another member. im planning on buying saltwatermans net module. do i need another sl1 or do i just need the net module and cables? also, what is needed to have it run wirelessly? ive read some people use gaming network adapters. any advice from people who own this is greatly appreciated. thank you

Widdy

Vendor
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
Hey Jon,

I don't believe you need an additional SL module. You should be able to connect it in a series like so:

RKL -> PC4(1) -> PC4(2) -> NET Module -> SL1

Your ORP, Temp and pH probes to SL1.

You can either get a game adapter and connect it to the Ethernet port of the NET module and have the game adapter connect (wirelessly) to your wireless router. Or if you're tech savvy, some people buy or have laying around a router that's capable of running 3rd party firmware (DDWRT or Tomato mainly) and configure it be a wireless bridge.

Last edited:

Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
^^ he is absolutely right and I would use the game adapter, lot easier than flashing a router and configuring it.

Sent from my iPhone using Reefs

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: