Rating - 100%
200   0   0
I had just change my pipe work into my recir skimmer and it's been 2 days now, without any skimmate. i had increase the in-take so more water goes in. does changing the pipe and increase the flow cause this or there is a problem with my skimmer. i had a Deltec APF600.

kalapnath

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try going back to the original settings and see if that helps, you might have to keep on adjusting it to see where it sit's the best seeing that it was modified.

Last edited:

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
picture ? and if the new piping wasnt cleaned it could be causing that effect, and what do you mean you increased the piping ? seeing the pipes are attached to the body on those

MO~IDOL

I Work Hard For Color!
Vendor
Rating - 100%
643   0   0
I had just change my pipe work into my recir skimmer and it's been 2 days now, without any skimmate. i had increase the in-take so more water goes in. does changing the pipe and increase the flow cause this or there is a problem with my skimmer. i had a Deltec APF600.

gravity or pump fed? the skimmer needs 800Its/178 uk gallons/hr
Water throughput.

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
is it still making bubbles ? and did you close the gate valve more to raise the level ? and problem with feeding it from drain is it isnt a constant flow, with the little hick-up ect can cause the skimmer level to flux

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
yes, bubbles are fine but now that i am noticing that bubble at the top is not steady. before the switch it was steady going up but now it's stirring and mixing at the top also. i thinking this causing to skimmate to mix back into the water and not foaming. anyone know what i can do...i already threw away the old tubes

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: