DREUTZ

Reefs R Madness!
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Could be wrong!... but I thought the Watt/gal was not an entirely accurate measurement for LEDs because of the factors (such as the footprint of the tank and also the depth as well as the intensity of the LEDs) that determine the intensity of LEDs used, the number of LEDs and the spacing of the LEDs.

You could take two tanks of the same dimensions and use the same Watt/gal on each but have one with 10 3W LED's and the other with 30 1W LED's and have completely different results (PAR measurements all of the tank and specifically at depth, light coverage around the tank, etc.)

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
Could be wrong!... but I thought the Watt/gal was not an entirely accurate measurement for LEDs because of the factors (such as the footprint of the tank and also the depth as well as the intensity of the LEDs) that determine the intensity of LEDs used, the number of LEDs and the spacing of the LEDs.

You could take two tanks of the same dimensions and use the same Watt/gal on each but have one with 10 3W LED's and the other with 30 1W LED's and have completely different results (PAR measurements all of the tank and specifically at depth, light coverage around the tank, etc.)

Correct but when a question is not precise, we cannot give precise answers. We can only approximate. Your list is not complete yet if we have to go into more details. Same as any light color play a big try a 6500K Mh vs 20K Mh, they yield very different results too. So after the thread develope a bit, more details will be filled in such as angels, distance from the water surface, colors, spectrum, brand of the leds...

FlexLuthor

Is Too Noob 4 Skool
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
i cannot lie, I am completely lost...
but i was looking at this, and wondering if i could use it

Wide-angle, max efficiency 14-watt dual-band Xen-lux grow light panel featuring 100% genuine Bridgelux & HP-Opto LEDs. Total LED count is 225 (half-blue, half-white) Silver-reflective board under LEDs increases efficiency. No infrared rays or UV radiation. Advanced specs: Blue wavelength 450-460nm, Lumans 300, Kalvin Temp 12000k. Operates on 110-120 volts; standard USA cord included. CE & ROHS compliant. Panel size: 12.25" x 12.25" x 1.5"

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
i cannot lie, I am completely lost...
but i was looking at this, and wondering if i could use it

Wide-angle, max efficiency 14-watt dual-band Xen-lux grow light panel featuring 100% genuine Bridgelux & HP-Opto LEDs. Total LED count is 225 (half-blue, half-white) Silver-reflective board under LEDs increases efficiency. No infrared rays or UV radiation. Advanced specs: Blue wavelength 450-460nm, Lumans 300, Kalvin Temp 12000k. Operates on 110-120 volts; standard USA cord included. CE & ROHS compliant. Panel size: 12.25" x 12.25" x 1.5"

If I am not mistaken, the fixture you mentioned is not using a constant current driver and thus it will burn easily. From data I collected, they last no more than 1 year. A lot of them show problem in frist 3 months.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: