Silverni2

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
im am thinking of taking off the black overflow box on my 90 gallon lps reef tank just leaving the 2 stand pipes(1 is a return ). I have an oceanic tank that is 7 years old and ive always had problems with aquascaping around the overflow box and if taken off I will have more room. Is it to risky?

xxxAngeloxxx

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
im am thinking of taking off the black overflow box on my 90 gallon lps reef tank just leaving the 2 stand pipes(1 is a return ). I have an oceanic tank that is 7 years old and ive always had problems with aquascaping around the overflow box and if taken off I will have more room. Is it to risky?

Why do you just cover the back part of the tank with sand n rocks it cover up the overflow too and people will not notice the overflow beein there except for you lol. You will have alot of room to in your tank. Check out under tank threads and look for Stargz something he covers hes whole black round on hes 65G. If you decide to that you would have empty out you whole tank. The picture below is how my friend covered up my overflow hopefully that works out for you.

aefc0059-fc8d-32be.jpg

Additected To MR =D Lol

xxxAngeloxxx

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
My friend used this spray can

aefc0059-057e-8522.jpg

Its safe for fish too but it need to dry up for 48 hours. We used that too and used to different types of glue too. I cant really remenber the name of it. But we used to put the granite sand on the rocks so they can stay in place.

Additected To MR =D Lol

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: