Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Hello all i just recently purchased a LTA neon green for my 90 gallon its been about 2 days and he wont settle down he just keeps rolling around and sometime just sits on its tentacles can anyone help my water parameters are listed below and the tank is about 1 year old

Lighting PC 260 watts
Nitrates 5ppm
Nitrites 0ppm
Ammonia 0ppm
Calcium 430ppm
Alk. 8
PH 8.4
Magnesium 1280
Salinity Bet. 1.024-1.026

subtrate Argonite
40lbs of LR
one Koralina3 power head

2-Percula clowns
1-Cleaner Shrimp
1-Black urchin
1-Egineer goby
6-Asst. Damsels
1-Turbo snail

Any help will be greatly appreciated

kalapnath

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It might be weeks before he finds the right spot that he's happy with maybe he's rolling around because there's too much flow in the tank.
try cutting down on the flow and see if he settles into a spot then you can turn back up the flow but face it away from him

saltwaterinbrooklyn

Pro hobby anti profit!
Rating - 100%
132   0   0
yeah lighting is big with that problem but if you do cut off the flow he may settle , i have a 11 inch one who settled 20 minutes after tank intro 4 months ago and has not budged , i wanted to get rid of it due to the real estate it consumed but since it wont budge i cant see myself doing it, i dont want to risk it and end up with a tank runner. anyway good luck to ya with that, just give it time.

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Thanks for the help and the lighitng that he has now is way more than that in the LFS he actually looks better in my tank than he did in thiers i thought he was just white in thier tank but under my lights hes more neon green with yellow under the tentacles but i will give him time and i will lower the flow thanks again

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
color only showing because of the antic bulbs, the pc isnt really going to be enough light to maintain it, and he definatly doesnt have to much flow, 1 k3 really isnt enough flow for the 90g tank as is, watch the mouth of it to make sure it isnt turning inside out

RARECLOWNSNJ

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Depends on the dimensions of the tank PC might be ok but its its over 12- 14inches tall its not gonna cut it.

LTA's, Sebea and Haddons Carpets all do the roll they inflate there foot and go on an adventure. They looking for an area with less flow and an area to dig its foot into the sand.

My suggestions is in the mean time try to upgrade light and completely turn off your flow for a an hour or two and let it settle in. Its foot needs to dig down and bury itself. Is your tank reef ready? If so turn off the power heads and just leave the regular flow from your sump on.

Anemones can survive in sub par lightening but need to be fed heavily.

Og Drogon

Freshwater monster
Rating - 94.1%
32   2   0
LTA Also like deep sand bed.....most of the time they go for the part where the rock meets the sand bed, they don't like lots of flow, lighting must be replaced.....if not he's going to roam higher for more light then he's going to run into more flow and never find that sweet spot in the tank.
And the LFS feel like the don't need good lighting cause they feel the anemone won't be there long and if it dies they order more :-/
But we know better :)

Fix Your Fin Or Get Your Fin Fixed!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: