Rating - 100%
161   0   0
Ok so I have a ? On my rlk controller I'm a little nervous I have my heater controlled by my rlk and my chiller .there working perfect off the controler .now what happens if my heater some how goes on due to a malfunction with the rlk. Would it be better to run the heater on the rlk , take the chiller off the rlk and plug it into a Reg outlet .it has its own controller .just in cause the rlk malfunction.or sound i just leave everything on the rlk

MatthewScars

Guns, Razors, Knives.
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
If you keep the tank at 80F, set the heater to 82-83F. Even if it goes on due to RKL error (it wont) that will safe guard you the most it possibly can. There is nothing else you can do besides that. Besides, then it will be Chiller Vs. Heater as the third safe guard. How many more safe guards do you want?

You could also just buy a RKL ethernet addon, then it will email you if the temp goes up X degrees. But what if your RKL dies AND your internet? You should probably set up a multi-homed internet connection with OSPF or BGP so it can switch between the two ISP networks seemlessly. But what if the ENTIRE internet goes down and your RKL fails, and your heater freaks out at the same exact time?

Your tank will be lost.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: