Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Hello i have a question about carbon dosing i was trying to find out can you still carbon dose even if your phosphates are at zero and also can you use the syringe that comes with the salifret test kits cause what I've been reading says 0.1ml

Rating - 99.5%
204   1   0
I tried the vodka but switched over to vinegar working better for me than the vodka ...
If you use vinegar you can start with 10ml and then double it every week till younstart seeing results ,but I would use a doser a lot easier ...I'm up to 80ml of vinegar a day
Nitrates barely detectable might even cut back 5 or 10 ml to get my nitrates up a little..
Oh and Its a 120 reef also

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
I tried the vodka but switched over to vinegar working better for me than the vodka ...
If you use vinegar you can start with 10ml and then double it every week till younstart seeing results ,but I would use a doser a lot easier ...I'm up to 80ml of vinegar a day
Nitrates barely detectable might even cut back 5 or 10 ml to get my nitrates up a little..
Oh and Its a 120 reef also

i was gonna do the vinegar but a couple of people told me that the vodka may be better because i also have a reactor set up with bio pellets but i just set it up

Rating - 99.5%
204   1   0
Wouldn't make a difference also the vinegar is less potent ...also your ph will go down a bit so keep an eye on that with either vodka or vinegar..I just prefer the vinegar less of a dyno bloom...
There is a bunch of good threads on reef central on carbon dosing check them out...

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: