• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Chiefmcfuz

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
I was actually thinking of selling the big piece of rock in the left side of this picture. It kinda looks like a Sea fan or something. What do you think do I keep or do I get rid of it?. I was thinking if I did get rid of it that would be a nice place for a Carpet Anemone or leave it open for free space? iI like the wall of rock but could also use some room to move if you know what I mean.

THis one
I
\/

DSCN2326.JPG

S

steveo32

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I like the rock the way it is, becasue this leaves room to attach a few snaller things to it. but thats imo.

ezee

Rating - 94.7%
18   1   0
Chief,

I agree with House, we should see the rest of your rock. That being said I really like the shape of that rock and would keep it myself. Throw it in a sump or bury it.

E

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
That rock's urgly, you should give it to me ASAP.:afro:

I love rock this shape for aquascaping because use less rock and more coverage for hiding bulky equipments.

Actually, if you don't mind, I can trade you with a bulb shaped rock. I need to cover the super big motor of the Super Skimmer

Last edited:

loismustdie

chicks dig beckett men
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
hmmmmmm, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Look at the pros and cons. Leave it there, more places to glue stuff. If it's not there, you can do your anenome thing. I also wouldn't put an anenome (I really don't know how to spell that) in a reef. Personal preference. I've seen lots of guys do it and be very successful. I personally don't like to lean rock against the glass to make cleaning the glass easier.

Quang

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I like the rock chief...who says everything has to be symmetrical? And again, a lot of stuff you can glue to that big ole sucker....in time with all sorts of stuff on it, you won't even notice that big rock under all your corals.

ezee

Rating - 94.7%
18   1   0
Chief,

If you want more open sand maybe you should stack up instead of remove. The right side of your tank looks like you might be about to get a stable platform and put one of the larger rocks from the left side on top.

Maybe even that rock pointing up like an opening shell.

E

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I like the rock. If you decide to get rid of it I'll trade you some sps for it, or a big frilly shroom.

you might want to try using it to make a ledge, that's what it looks perfect for.

chasesng

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
i'd be inclined to move the big rock into the center...or just a little off center. then build up to it from either side. u can also put a smaller rock or 2 in front of it as a ledge to hold some coral. then u could have a stacked coral display (properly spaced of course.

the other thing that would do is create some depth or contrast going front to back. break up the straight line 'thang' that tends to happen

also, a flat perpendicular surface like that can be a cool spot for crabs or other cleaner to scale or crawl about on. i've got some "sally crabs" that are fun to watch splayed out on similar surfaces.

just my two cents worth

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: