Vic8361

Rating - 100%
142   0   0
I have used kalk paste in the past with pretty good success and have tried Joe’s juice also. The only difference with was the aptasia would take the Jose juice in like it was food and with the kalk paste once you injected the paste on the aptasia the quickly retract back in to the rock. The kalk paste would still work pretty well because it will stick to the aptisia and kill some of it. So that’s what makes Joes juice much better because when the aptasia brings it into the mouth it kills most of it.
My tank was now full of aptasia's and I didn't have any Joe’s juice left so I was going to use kalk paste like in the past. But I decided to use vinegar instead of RO water to make the paste. One thing the vinegar dissolves the kalk much better and the paste comes out less lumpy so it won't clog up the syringe as much. I started to use it and was surprised to find the aptasia taking it in just like the Joes juice. I did a bunch of them yesterday and it seems to be working better than ever. So those who have been using Joe’s juice now you could save some money as my self.
Remember I believe that once you have aptasia's in big numbers you can only really control them and not get rid of them 100% at least that is my experience. I'm still going to get some peppermint shrimps soon to help keep them in check now that I got rid of my green serpent star and purple lobster.
Hope this was helpful to someone.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: