Manhattan Reefs

Welcome to Manhattan Reefs, the premier website for coral reef aquarium owners in the New York City area.

You are not currently logged in to our site so you may not be able to access all of the wonderful content and features that we offer. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

User Name
Password
   Home Forums Market Chat Stores Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read About MR

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2006, 12:41 PM
Reefer Ratings: (42 (98%)
Friends: (10)
Send a Private Message
Zoanthid question..

okay guys..i am getting a big colony of zoanthids..first off..i want to know how fast they grow? I have 11.6 watts per gallon...14K MH ..also how can i frag them..let me know..
Old 03-29-2006, 01:10 PM
steveo32
Send a Private Message
Imo theres two ways of going about it. One just breaking a piece of the mother colony and the other if you place a piece of ruble next to it and they will just spread to it.
Old 03-29-2006, 08:57 PM
chicks dig beckett men
Reefer Ratings: (25 (100%)
Friends: (0)
Send a Private Message
Keep them low. Let them spread like Stevo said to other rocks. Then you should cut them with a sharp knife, scissors, scalpel. Cuts will heal faster than ripping them apart. You are dealing with a small tank. Zoos can be a little more toxic than most when cut. If I cut zoos, I always try to remove it before I cut it. Not completely necessary, but it's a good method to keep them from polluting your tank. They grow pretty fast. You should be fragging it within a month or 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loismustdie View Post
If I found a tank like that on my living room floor, I would hit my dog on the nose with a newspaper.
*no dogs were harmed in the making of my signature