Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So I recently came upon an Yasha goby at my lfs. I had to buy it not only because I've never actually seen one in person but because it was an amazing deal (15 bucks). I actually think the lfs guy might of misidentified it because I know they sell for around 40-50. I felt kind of bad buying it for so cheap. But the real reason I bought it was so that it could hopefully pair up with the pistol shrimp that I have had in my tank for close to a year. The goby has been in my tank for 3 days now and he seems to of made home right next to where my shrimp is. He is eating and seems healthy. Unfortunately the goby seems to be scared of the shrimp. He runs away everytime the shrimp tries to get next to him. Is this normal behaviour? Will they eventually pair up? Does anybody have any experience with this? Thanks for the help all!

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Unfortunately it's hard to get a pic of the shrimp because he's burrowed underneath my rock/sand. I'm 99 percent sure that it is a pistol shrimp. It has all of the characteristics. One pincer is bigger than the other. I can hear the snapping sounds, especially at night. That is actually when he is most active (at night). It looks like he might be an Snapping Shrimp (Alpheus sp.). My goby appears to be missing now. It's quite possible that he might of entered the shrimp's cave for the night or hid somewhere else? I hope

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: