KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
~Special Frag Swap Group Buy~

We know how important your tanks are to you, so we decided we'd like to try and help you out during the most frightening time to own a reef tank...during a power outage :(

The experts agree that the number one killer during an outage is lack of oxygen for your fish. We sincerely hope that you have addressed how to protect your tank for those lengthy outages through the use of generators, battery back up units, deep cycle batteries and other measure described on our "Emergency Measures to use Now" thread..
http://www.manhattanreefs.com/forum/general-discussion/42407-emergency-measures-use-now.html

..and while all of those solutions are very helpful, what about that time when you are still at work, sleeping or off on a day trip with the family and ...poof...the power goes out?
You won't get back to your tank for hours, the traffic will be awful, the subways aren't running, you don't have an automatic battery back-up on your tank..!!

..well, we'd like to offer you a little peace of mind with this great little gizmo :)

million_air_battery_pump.jpg

(for whatever reason I cannot find a pic of this showing the attached electrical plug that IS on there...I promise!)

The beauty of this unit is that it AUTOMATICALLY comes on when it detects no current to the electrical receptacle...
It is an instant oxygen source for your fish & critters for approx 9-24 hours (depending on the strength/quality of your batteries).

Our special Group Buy price? Only $10.78 Each!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :flower:

Yeah really :)

...and NO it does not run at all UNTIL your power goes out!
It includes a 20" airline and an air-stone..you simply have to provide 2 'D' batteries and an outlet to plug it into.
Add a small suction cup to the airline and you can discretely tuck it down the side of an overflow or behind your rock work.
(I will try and have some of the air-line sized suction cups available for your purchase at the swap)

If your tank is set up with a sump, best to have two so you have no worries about all of the pods and critters living in your sump, large tank owners might want to buy a few!

I have had a couple of these for years and love them, they have worked flawlessly EVERY time the power has gone out! They give me the time to get home and get my generator running without being in a panic. :bunny:

Here are the rules for our Frag Swap Group Buy:
1- Pick up for these will be at our Swap on Dec 4th -(we are not offering shipping!)
2- The Group Buy will start immediately
3- The Group Buy will END on 11/20/11
4- You will pay for yours when you order it ( there will be NO extra ones for purchase at the Swap in this offer)
5- We MUST have your SCREEN NAME so we know who is picking them up at the swap - please put it in the 'Comments' section when you order!!
6- Use Coupon Code - MRGBAPPRCTN when ordering to get the special pricing!!
7- You must Select - HOLD FOR PICK UP - so that you will not be charged a shipping fee.
8- The price of $10.78 includes tax :)

Got all of that?

Ok, now go to the link below and order yours - we only have a limited quantity, so get them while they last!!

http://www.saltwatercritters.com/inc/sdetail/1088/4291

I would like to extend a special thanks to Russ of SaltWater Critters for this very special pricing deal that he has worked out for us!! :kiss:

Last edited:

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
I'm sure you have to go to the site mentioned above and actually order it. Typing "put me down for 2" on here will not actually put you down for 2...

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Reefs

Thanks man......correct.

Nikki, please place your order on the site. This way I can make sure there are enough ordered for everyone who wants them. Demand is extremely high at this early date.

ViaAqua? MillionAir AC/DC Auto Switching Battery Air Pump

Thanks Kathy, and everyone who's been PM'ing me and placing their orders.

See you all at the swap.
Russ

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
dont forget to add a check valve to them, I used these for my cichlid tanks back in 03

Due to the short length of the air line - and if you mount the unit in your canopy, there really should not be any need for the check valve for most folks as there is no way water will flow straight upwards :)

..but if you chose to use a longer air-line and place the until below water level, then yes, you would want to add a check valve.

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Someone mentioned to me that I should post some of the other things that these units are good for:

-->Tank moves - a source of oxygenation when you put your fish in a bucket while you switch tanks

--> Transporting fish. For larger fish purchases, I move them in a clean salt bucket that has a little hole in the lid for me to drop the airstone through. I tape the batter unit to the top of the bucket.

--> Emergency QT tank, excellent way to provide quick/handy/extra oxygenation - remember you can also simply plug this unit in and turn it on to operate on AC current and run it like a regular air pump.

-->When using a product like Red Slime Remover and the directions tell you to add extra oxygenation to the tank before using the product.

...so as you can see, these aren't only for power outages :)

Order yours before our supply runs out!!!!!!!!!

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Just a reminder - this GB ends on Sunday 11/20 - so get your orders in for pick up at the Swap!!!!!!!!!!

Russ - I am placing my order for 3 more today, going to add them to my FW tanks :)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: