ducati335i

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
178   0   1
How is one getting an accurate par reading with it facing out instead of up towards the light or am I missing something? Most of us have controllers that already monitor PH, Temp some can monitor salinity also. To me monitoring ammonia is a waste. There are far more important parameters to monitor, especially in a reef environment. To me this falls under " Gadget ", not must equipment. As far as intelligent software predicting future water conditions I'm curious how? Is it psychic and knows if I'm going to have something die? A pump or heater fail? Lol.

I agree 100% man!

tosiek

Rating - 100%
48   0   0
For the price, along with the added monthly for 2 years you can get a complete reef controller with all the bells and whistles monitoring your PH, temp, have full control with timers over anything needing electric in your tank, and have online monitoring of all parameters as well.

Im sure the par/lux/kelvin meter is awesome as a package and if you want those readings for your tank then this little gadget is worth it for that alone. BUT the par reader is just a toy. If your swapping out bulbs every 6 months you shouldn't need a par reader for MH or T5's. I can see the par meter more useful with LED setups because LED's do lose intensity and you will have to adjust after the first year to keep a stable output. Also, the ammonia reader is useless if you have your tank cycled and your doing everything properly in the tank. I would have loved to see a different parameter being read. The seneye wasn't build specifically for a reef but for the pond/home and they just made a reef version with the same hardware.

Another thing to think about, while this does monitor your PH and temp, it won't do anything about it aside from send you alerts. Other reef controllers will shut down lights, ect in case of the tank overheating.

Anyways, just some things that came to mind when reading this just now, and the same ones I had when I first seen the blogs about the Seneye. It should be taken into consideration when buying it. I still think this is a great little reef gadget even for the price and will most likely get it when I downgrade my tank in a month or two. The simplicity in the unit, along with the phone app, and online monitoring for just the PH and temp are worth it to some degree. You just have to learn to look at your phone to check PH and temp.

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
Since the data pass thru a PC, there is no reason not to think they will be able to make the controller part in the future. For example, if they are open source, with a little programming my USB relay box can react to the data it is monitoring.

I do hope they will come out with more probes for other parameters.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: