Rating - 100%
64   0   0
I have seen the laser method in a video...you must keep inmind that the laser capable if killing aquarium pests can also destroy your eyes....not worth the risk if you ask me.

why would you aim it at your eyes? if its a very strong laser it should be locked up and used in the way you intend to use it only (sunglasses as well).

Last edited:

rookie07

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.5%
235   6   0
Agreed. But accidents happen.

I like analogies....did you know you are far more likely to shoot a family member than an intruder if you keep a gun in the home.

Now, the chance that someone gets hurt with these "freakin lasers" (i hope ppl get the reference on that one) is by no means worth it to me to kill something in my fish tank....the upside is little, the risk is crazy.

I can understand the justification for keeping guns (I do not agree with it, but I can understand it), these "lasers" are just not worth it to me.
I Know they can be kept safely, but I wont even have to worry about it.

Last edited:

saltwaterinbrooklyn

Pro hobby anti profit!
Rating - 100%
132   0   0
Ok fellas , wicked lasers makes lasers that can burn wood , paper and plastic however like stated before!!! Lasers.can bounce from glass at certain unknown angles and the effects can be irreversible if it hits your eyes !!! Look for another way or it will cost you more than U think!!!

Turbovr3six

HighTideCoral.com
Vendor
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
dr-evil.jpg

IamRobG

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could shoot it from the top through the water and not get any reflection from the glass as well or wear the appropriate safety goggles and do it when no one is around. Or you could buy aptasia x or joe's juice as well.

rookie07

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.5%
235   6   0
Rob, if the water is moving in any way, it will alter where the laser aims....its just not worth it...i guarantee we see a post in the next year about someone who destroyed their house in some way.

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
a 405nm laser will burn much better. also try going with a 1w 405 nanometer if that can burn through rubber it should be able to burn the pests. A 200mw burned a hole in the apple logo of my iPad but you would want a little more power in the long term so try going with 1w (1000mw) 405nm. Good Luck

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: