Jarrett

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
i am going to be ordering 50lbs of base rock tonight for my reef tank. I looked at alot of sites and all differnat types of rocks. but i wanted to get everyones opinions on what base rock you guys suggest to get and some reasons why.

Last edited:

al0ha

The Inked Reefer
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
i bought some marco rocks from a member a few years ago. they had beautiful shapes but takes longer to cycle and u need some seeder rocks

Jarrett

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
i dont really know what paticular rock i am looking for i have always hand picked each individual rock in my tank right now, i am just looking to add more to it i already have plenty of rock in my tank to seed it so cycling it is no issue. i was looking at reefcleaners.org but their rock looks very spikey and that type of rock can catch detritis and is a perfect place for algae to stick so other then that i didnt really know what else to look for in good base rock.

xxxAngeloxxx

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
i dont really know what paticular rock i am looking for i have always hand picked each individual rock in my tank right now, i am just looking to add more to it i already have plenty of rock in my tank to seed it so cycling it is no issue. i was looking at reefcleaners.org but their rock looks very spikey and that type of rock can catch detritis and is a perfect place for algae to stick so other then that i didnt really know what else to look for in good base rock.

I ordered my rocks from John (reef cleaners) if you look at my tank thread you can see how the rocks turned out to be.

skene

Winter. Time for Flakes..
Rating - 100%
240   0   0
Check out Aquatic Life Direct... they are breaking down shop to move currently and blowing out livestock coral and everything else in between. Great prices cause it's all got to go!

Jarrett

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
thanks for all the recommendations guys i went with reef cleaners rock cause its free shipping on the rock deff a plus for me, plus the rock looks pretty nice anyway i don't think i will be disappointed i probably wont use all 50 lbs of it so if anyone needs some and wants to buy the left overs for cheap PM me.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: