Manhattan Reefs

Welcome to Manhattan Reefs, the premier website for coral reef aquarium owners in the New York City area.

You are not currently logged in to our site so you may not be able to access all of the wonderful content and features that we offer. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

User Name
Password
   Home Forums Market Chat Reef Database Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read About MR

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2012, 04:20 AM
Reefer Ratings: (71 (100%)
Friends: (97)
Send a Private Message
I guess the Kent Carbon should be added to this since there has been so much talk about it. Beware of bad batches of kent carbon. Google it. Happy Reefing =]
Old 02-24-2012, 10:12 AM
Moderator: This member is a Moderator. - Issue reason:  
Reefer Ratings: (110 (100%)
Friends: (136)
Send a Private Message
KENT CARBON RECALL

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/02/23/k...carbon-recall/
Old 02-24-2012, 10:44 AM
h2o
Wanna be clown fish pimp
Reefer Ratings: (42 (100%)
Friends: (28)
Send a Private Message
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyC View Post
I'm never buying anything made by KENT ever again I ran out of esv carbon local stores didn't have it so I went with Kent a week later I noticed Orange stains rust like on my reactor shortly after half my sps bleached including red table 12"x8 that I grew from 1" then did a huge water change and things started to come back I still have the Kent container that's half way full because I had a feeling this was the problem .

What do I do I lost like $2000 g because of them . At this point I doubt I get my money back but as long as I'm around I'm gonna make sure no one buys a thing from them til they go out of biz.
Old 02-27-2012, 04:53 PM
Reefer Ratings: (29 (100%)
Friends: (10)
Send a Private Message
wow man, are you serious? Your tank from the pix i saw is beautiful, you are saying you lost a lot of your livestock? Man that's horrible
Old 02-27-2012, 05:01 PM
The All Powerful OZ
Moderator: This member is a Moderator. - Issue reason: Moderator badge 
Reefer Ratings: (52 (98%)
Friends: (43)
Send a Private Message
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2o View Post
I'm never buying anything made by KENT ever again I ran out of esv carbon local stores didn't have it so I went with Kent a week later I noticed Orange stains rust like on my reactor shortly after half my sps bleached including red table 12"x8 that I grew from 1" then did a huge water change and things started to come back I still have the Kent container that's half way full because I had a feeling this was the problem .

What do I do I lost like $2000 g because of them . At this point I doubt I get my money back but as long as I'm around I'm gonna make sure no one buys a thing from them til they go out of biz.
I would contact them, they may reimburse you for your lost, especially if they has a problem with their product and they had to recall it. It mayn't be for the full amount, as they may cap it, but you may get something.

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright before they speak.

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by rulers as useful.

It is far easier to fool people than to show them that they've been fooled.

Old 05-07-2012, 01:35 PM
Moderator: This member is a Moderator. - Issue reason:  
Reefer Ratings: (110 (100%)
Friends: (136)
Send a Private Message
Another reminder folks. We just had another member lose most of his tank due to one of the Stealth heaters

People have said to me," I've had mine for years, it works fine".

No, it doesn't.

Please get these out of your tank if you still have one!
Old 12-10-2012, 06:15 PM
Reefer Ratings: (89 (100%)
Friends: (58)
Send a Private Message
New recall SYBON Saline solution scu number RLGO1320. Soltion is reading higher then whats supposed to be.
Old 12-10-2012, 06:38 PM
"Drugs are bad...mmmkay!"
Reefer Ratings: (1 (100%)
Friends: (5)
Send a Private Message
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke62 View Post
New recall SYBON Saline solution scu number RLGO1320. Soltion is reading higher then whats supposed to be.
Thanks for the heads up Duke. Just checked mine and I'm good.
This thread was a great idea.
Old 12-11-2012, 09:13 AM
Reefer Ratings: (9 (100%)
Friends: (37)
Send a Private Message
Ran across this while ordering parts from ecotech and wanted to share:

Vortech Battery Backup Cable Recall

http://ecotechmarine.com/recall/

There's nothing more entertaining than an internet gangster hidden behind their momma's skirt and a keyboard...stay thirsty...
Old 12-14-2012, 04:26 PM
Reefer Ratings: (25 (100%)
Friends: (7)
Send a Private Message
Thanks Kathy. I have 2 heaters in my 120 sump - 1 being a 250 watt stealth pro. The heater was not operational even though the light was on. My temps were ok as the other 300 watt heater compensated. Im glad it just shut down & didnt go the other way & cook the tank. I called Marineland & they are sending me a $28 check upon receipt of the defective heater. I dont know how I missed this thread. Thanks again!!!!!!!