cybermeez

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
102   0   0
Last night I began having trouble with one of 3 Waterblaster pumps I've had for less than 3 months. It's an HY-3000 and used to power my bio-pellet reactor. It has started to periodically make this really loud grinding noise - so loud i can hear it in the next room. Anybody else ever experienced something like this and know what might be wrong?

pecan2phat

Professional Commuter
Rating - 100%
85   0   0
Robin,
I have the 3000, 5000, 7000 & 10000 and have not had any problems yet.
Call Coral Vue, they should be able to assist you on trouble shooting and or warranty replacement:
985-781-9078

Also, did you take the volute cover off to see if any partially dissolved pellets got into the impellar/magnet assembly?

cybermeez

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
102   0   0
Robin,
I have the 3000, 5000, 7000 & 10000 and have not had any problems yet.
Call Coral Vue, they should be able to assist you on trouble shooting and or warranty replacement:
985-781-9078

Also, did you take the volute cover off to see if any partially dissolved pellets got into the impellar/magnet assembly?

It woke me up in the middle of the night last night so I just unplugged it. Going to take it apart when I get home tonight. I hope it's something simple because I really love these pumps. Unbelievably energy efficient!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: